Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 1 2007. 9:27 PM

It is snowing/freezing rain. My I-pod is dead. I have 3 twenties and 14 cents in my pocket. The last meal I ate was at lunch. The only food available is a vending machine for which I have no change. I have no book, my cell phone is almost dead. The only paper I have is two printouts with phone numbers of cab companies and my hotel reservation. I still have another two hours before I will be at my hotel. I am on a bus layover in Scranton PA, on a bus trip to Binghamton NY to go recruiting for summer interns.

This is why people want to work on Wall Street.

March 1, 2007 11:27 PM.

I arrive at the Binghamton bus terminal. It is in the middle of nowhere. Finally I get a cab that will come get me. I get to the hotel and the only place that is remotely open, is the Hess station across a major highway. In dress shoes I cross a four lane highway and get a bag of Combos and a lightsaber of Labatts. I get into my hotel room and watch Larry King on the Colbert Report and begin to wonder if this is what Self-Actualization is.

March 2, 2007 6:45 AM. Wake-up Call.
March 2,2007 7:15 AM. Third Wake-up call.

Just living the dream people. Just living the dream.

No comments: