Tuesday, December 12, 2006

5 Topics I would like to write a poem about but am too busy. Which may or may not be inspired by thumbing through an old yearbook recently.

  1. About how the color of the sky moments before the sun crosses the horizon at sunrise is the most beautiful color in the world, and how it's a shame that so few people ever get to experience it on a regular basis; and use that as a metephor for my performance in the sixth grade Science fair
  2. About a caterpillar who dies before she gets to be a butterfly. I want this to be a portrait of my crush on my Seventh grade English teacher.
  3. About a windchime and the sound it doesn't make on a windless day, and the yearning it feels. This would be an expression of how I used to feel in Confirmation class in eighth grade when the teacher would play her Gordon Lightfoot records to teach us about Jesus.
  4. About a Porcupine that has no quills and therefore cannot fall in love. This would be about my experience in the ninth grade when people wore a those baggy MC Hammer pants all the time, but I once wore a Christmas sweater to a dance. I was trying to look handsome not cool. Little did I know that 14 year old girls have no interest in Handsome.
  5. About the small amount of time between when a person hears a bone snap and break and they start to scream. About the time in tenth grade Sociology class when I got a 52 on a test about "Brave New World".

No comments: