Tuesday, December 19, 2006

One of the Vice-Presidents pegged me yesterday as surely one of the people who brings a gag gift for our Yankee Swap thing on Thursday. There is nothing further from the truth. I usually give wine or alcohol, at least that way if they drink it fast enough on Christmas Eve they can position me in a good light. The problem with Gag gifts are that they are never really that funny. What is funny about a coffee mug that says "World's Worst Boss" or a Staples "Easy" Button. We have a 25 dollar limit to this adventure in unfun (and I don't say that because I am a Grinch), but honestly what is fun about buying something only to exchange it for something you would never buy? Anyhow, yesterday combining this VP's assumption that I was a gag-gifter and my own thoughts on what to purchase I came up with Reflections of the Lake Gag Gift For the Yankee Swap Buying Guide

1. Copies of the books Resumes and Interviewing Skills for Dummies
2. 25 Dollars worth of Rape Whistles and Mace
3. A years subscription of National Geographic
4. A 25 dollars savings bond (in Canadian currency)
5. A coupon that says you will give that person whatever you won in the Yankee Swap
6. 25 one dollar gift certificates to 25 different stores
7. 25 dollars worth of bottles of sparkling non-alcoholic grape juice.
8. DVDs of United 93 and World Trade Center
9. An offering to pay 25 dollars of their next Cable Bill
10. A Gap Gift Card

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Numbers 4 and 6 are truly inspired.

Slinger said...

#2 is my favorite. Actually made me laugh out loud.