Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Eliot Spitzer... a few comments

  1. In college I remember there was a group cleverly, (although I am guessing a professor thought this up) called Bacchus. (Bacchus being the god of wine... unlike Steve Urkel who is the god of whine)... yes I just made an Urkel joke, its taking me a few days to get fully back in the blogging Swing. Anyhow Bacchus was one of those awful acronyms that just doesn't really make sense. I think it was something awful like Behind all college consumption healthy University students. The thing was they would have these parties with mocktails (fancy drinks that help guys who couldn't find a girl to make-out with even less successful). They were the ones who aided the feminist club in espousing the real but over hyped dangers of date rape. They wore Tee-shirts with things like, I can have fun sober. I remember my first semester Freshman year thinking about these people suck. I was mature enough to know that there was some validity to their cause, but I also knew that the only people who joined this club, were guys whose wrap was being sensitive, and girls who weren't hot enough to get into a good sorority. It was only after a few weeks, that my initial judgment was sullied even worse. The members of Bacchus were the biggest boozers and sluts on campus. Which brings me to my point... the people who preach the loudest are hiding the most.
  2. The libertarian in me is reminded of George Carlin, If selling is legal, and a word that rhymes with ducking is legal, then how come selling ducking isn't legal.
  3. The former 13 year old boy in me can't wait to see the photo of this woman. If he was willing to risk so much, she better look like Jessica Alba's prettier sister.
  4. What I do know, is that if Spitzer was client number 9, there are a lot of guys out there that are praying for two things a) that there name isn't implicated b) that if their name is implicated they don't get known as client number 792.

3 comments:

dirtyword.net said...

Get 'Re-Elect Client No. 9 For NY Governor', Eliot Spitzer's New Unofficial Re-election Campaign, Now on Yard Signs, Bumper Stickers, T-Shirts, Hats, Buttons, Mugs, Magnets, Mousepads, and More at: http://client9.dirtyword.net

Anonymous said...

Hear, Hear on #3.
Ahh for the anonymity of cash.

Anonymous said...

Awesome to have u back in print, old friend (slap on the back, slap on the back, slap on the back...) - i promptly celebrated ur return with several fistbumps to my eyesockets....u belong at SNL or the Daily Show, but u never listen to a goddam thing i say anyways - i'm just glad to be along for the ride..."but to wait for u...is all i can do...it's the memory of ur face..."