Thursday, March 27, 2008

TALES FROM THE AIRPORT

1. Yesterday, I really have wanted since being over here to get a Yankees hat. The official kind they wear on the field (say that I am poseur that's fine... I am a lot of imperfect nouns). Anyhow I have a lifetime to kill at the airport and there is a lids or whatever. So I walk into the store and the person working behind the counter is a "pat". I can't tell if its a girl or a guy. Basic description: Jeans and a uniform T-shirt, super skinny, shortish hair under a cap. two earrings in each ear. Voice that sounds like it could go either way. So I ask for the biggest Yankees hat they have it doesn't fit. So I say, "thanks man" to which SHE now replies, "Actually I am a woman".
2. I later have to do the pre-flight visit to my other office. So I walk into the rest room. Completely empty. So I go into the Handicap stall. Not to go into too much detail, but it took a little bit of time. So I finish and walk and guess what, two people in wheelchairs are lined up waiting for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The New Era fitted caps have never fit my huge melon either. I opt for the elastic batting practice hats, much better. Plus, I am a Braves fan.

So, someone left 2 empty chairs outside the stall for you?, or 2 handicapped people were waiting for the stall? (sorry if this is a dumb questions, I was confused)

Unknown said...

#2 cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

the big head, it's genetic

Anonymous said...

...that yankees cap will look good with ur gray hoodie...nice job, giuliani......i hate u...

Valerie said...

Oh, the handciap stall...been there, done that, fell your pain, man.

You are a man, right? ;)