Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So I get in before the cutoff by one minute. The producer says, "Just made it buddy." We are handed a manilla envelope (The kind you interoffice, except instead of names crossed off, it has a number.) The producer explains the rules: 10 minutes, 30 questions, afterwards they will immediately grade the tests, remember your number, begin. I rip through the 30 and I am confident that I know 20. I then go back through and am pretty sure of another 5. I then go back through and educated guess on three and completely guess on two. I finish before the one minute warning. My number is "73". They pick up my test. There are probably 130 people in the room. Third number called 73. Only ten people are called. The producer then says that if we want to stick around we can get tested to enter the regular contestant pool as well. I meet with a producer who I tell about the time Harvey Keitel stared me down. I tell about my love of US Weekly. I make Seinfeld references. We'll see.
So then I take the regular test. I am amazed at how easy I found it (I say that humbly not arrogantly). I get through 27 of the questions confidently. Two, I educated guesssed on and one I hadn't a clue (It was about the name of Gwen Stefani's fashion line). I was number 67. Fifth number called number 67. I was told to wait in my seat. We didn't have to be reinterviewed. In 2-3 weeks we will hear via postcard if we are entered into the contestant pool, then we will hear via phone if we actually get to be a contestant. Not bad, Not bad.

The ABC cafeteria looks like every crappy corporate cafeteria.

1 comment:

Slinger said...

Good work and good luck! Hope you make it.
I live in Chicago, and they are holding open auditions for Deal or No Deal here next week. My wife wans me to go, but I said no. have you ever seen the people on this show? I think you have to act semi-retarded to even be considered.