Wednesday, September 12, 2007

5 things. Sorry life has been busy lately.

1. It looks like October 10thish. The Lake will be moving to London for career opportunities.
2. There are many reasons to love Bill Belichick but this has to make you love him more.

"At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling,"
Belichick said in a statement. "Although it remains a league matter, I want to
apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and
players. Following the league's decision, I will have further comment."

"Any questions about the Chargers?" he pleaded in his standard other-
things-to-do monotone. "Want to talk about the football game? If not, I think
that statement pretty much covers it."

3. TBS has started showing the office at night. If you have never seen it now would be a good time to get started.

4. On a weirdly sombre note, yesterday was 6 years. That day and the after effects will forever have a profound impact on my life, but yesterday instead of feeling sad and wanting to dwell in the pain, I really wanted to get on with living. For that I feel a smudge guilty, but moreso I feel like I felt in late October of 2001 when I stood in a bar in Kansas talking to the cutest Kansan since Toto, that you can be respectful and acknowledge the impact of something, but there comes a time when you need to move on. I am not saying now is the time for everyone, but yesterday I felt it was the time for me.

5. My cell phone is about to die. Please let it last one more month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, you are moving to London? Wow.

As for 9/11 - I have often wondered how long it would take people to finally find closure and move on. I do not have any guilt, since I was not directly effected by it, but still, it was horrible and cowardly. But it is done and cant be changed. I guess I get annoyed when I see people in the midwest trying to rally a 9/11 support group at my work....I have to wonder exactly where that money is going.

Valerie said...

I want to hear more about London. Very cool. I've never been there. I look forward to learning about it, through your eyes.