Monday, April 30, 2007

3 thoughts from the weekend.

1. Saturday around noon I am sitting at a Subway sandwich shop. I was enjoying a 6 inch turkey with extra veggies. (This may be overstating it, because how much can you really enjoy Subway. Subway provides perfect consistency and mediocrity, but best of all in Manhattan they are relatively cheap and more importantly clean.) So I am sitting eating. Let me also elabortate that I am in a Patriots T-shirt and camoflague shorts. I am as I often am on Saturday afternoon at my dorkiness, which is saying something. So along come these two Irish guys who ask me the following question, "Do you know where we can score some coke?". Now I have never done coke, but if I were to and if I was going to try and find it, if I saw a goofy guy eating a turkey sandwich at noon, that wouldn't be the guy I would ask...
2. I think I have come up with a million dollar idea. Yesterday I was watching the Yankees play the Red Sox. What if I could market to Spaulding or Wilson or whatever sporting goods manufacturer makes batting gloves, batting gloves that stay tight for more than one pitch. After every pitch the batter steps out of the box and retightens his gloves. I could guess that for some this is superstition, but they all do it. Imagine the first time Derek Jeter tried them on "What are these voodoo gloves you guys are giving me, they stay tight for more than eight seconds?"
3. There was a scene in the Sopranos last night that was horrifying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching Nomar Garciaparra at bat is so exhausting, thanks to those damn gloves!

Anonymous said...

Garciaparra takes it to an artform.