Monday, April 23, 2007





I hate routines. If someone wanted to torture me they would give me a job where every day I did the same thing at the same time. From time to time my life seems to get into routines and I usually do something DRASTIC or drastic to try and bust out of the rut. Saturday morning at 5:30 I got up and did something "drastic". I then left my apartment and walked north until I got to the George Wasthington Bridge, which I crossed and then I went down Broadway through Harlem, the Upper West Side, Midtown, Union Square, NYU, Soho, Tribeca until I finally got down to the Path station back to Hoboken. All told according to Google it was about 21 miles. During this time I put away my I-pod and as I preposteriously and prentensiously told my friend #13, "I listened to the sounds of the world". The weather was beautiful and by eliminating outside influences I really got to enjoy and see a lot of New York that I either see whizzing by in a cab or never see because I am in a subway. Either way my calves and feet were a little sore, but I came home Saturday afternoon in much less of a rut than I had been on Friday afternoon. And as hopelessly 14 year old girl writing in her journal this sounds, spring is about rebirth and renewal. That being said, the field thinks I am a nut. Not sure how the pictures are going to look, since I took them with my camera phone. The one is sunrise with Manhattan in the background as I was leaving Hoboken. The second is looking down at Manhattan from the GWB. And this link will show my route.


Anyway here is to a week of no routines.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was pretty interesting.