Friday, April 20, 2007

One of the most disheartening things to come out of Monday was there are writers who are calling the students cowards for not fighting back. When I read one of the essays suggesting such I was disgusted. On 9/11, I was across the street having just left the Trade Center Complex on my way work. I turned around upon hearing the sound of a plane that was much too low to the ground and saw the explosion. I saw the scene for maybe a second or two and then I ran. I didn't think, I didn't process how to act, I just did. So to suggest that these students are to blame for not being more heroic is disgusting.

Andrew Levy of Red Eye has a great rebuttal here. Levy is quickly becoming one of my favorite people not demonstrated here, but demonstrated on Red Eye is such a nack for word play and sarcasm, that it will only be a matter of time before someone fires him for being too real.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But see, conservatism will protect you!