Wednesday, May 23, 2007

One of the greatest episodes of Seinfeld (and really there is no definitive list is there, it changes to make whatever point you want to make) is the one where the message is left on the answering machine and they attempt to switch tapes. People fear heights, public speaking, and cacti, but there is something incredibly fear inducing of not being prepared to leave a message. That's why I think on cell phones you see a lot of missed calls and then a message. The person calls gets your voicemail and then calls back once they have formulated what they want to say. What isn't known is that this mimics a natural phenomenon:

The Grey Tiger of West Africa rummages the plains or as it is referred to there, the savanna, a perfectly good geographic term that questionable blond movie actresses have absconded and made their own (what pervy man would buy a movie starring Tundra Monroe or Estuary Sampson?). I digress. The Grey Tiger loves to eat, but animal psychologists have found that what it does when finding its prey, is that it will often go to within a few feet of an antelope or rabbit and then it will run back because it is nervous. It will then take some time ranging from 5 seconds to close to a minute and formulate and eating plan. At that point it will attack the prey with determination and ferocity. Why does it do this? Well, animal theorists think that the Grey Tiger has very potent taste buds. So if it were to just rip into the Antelope it might get a part of the carcass that is unsavory. So it attacks but at the last minute realizes that if it goes about it incorrectly his taste will be so soured that he cannot go on eating. And this explanation can all be found in my next book... Why I never lose at Balderdash...

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Tippy toes tippy toes!

Lemon Tree Lemon Tree!

As for the Grey Tiger lesson, I was fished in.

Anonymous said...

I dont know how they do it, but is it just me or does every Seinfeld episode get funnier the more you see it? I mean, I can practically recite a whole episode, and know what is coming, but I still laugh!

Valerie said...

Slinger - Yes! I agree 100%. I actually look forward to hearing the lines that I know will make me laugh. It's the only show that I feel that way about (able to watch it over and over and over).