Friday, July 27, 2007

I am blatantly stealing from Slinger. The Friday Five. (Although with the understanding that I just know that he uses the title, and I am not sure if the Friday Five refers only to Music, but it will in this case).
5 Songs that have been ruminating in my mind for the last few days.

1. Radio Cure - Wilco. When it comes to forming opinions I usually stick to my guns. If I like something I will always like it, and if I don't like it, I won't. When Yankee Hotel Foxtrot came out, all my musically in friends were talking about it like it was Pet Sounds. I listened and was unimpressed. When I got my I-pod I put the album on anyway, over time it has won me over.
2. Follow You Follow Me - Genesis. Written in the period in between Peter Gabriel leaving and them becoming the quintessential big 80's band. It was in Chuck and Larry and is really a great song, and reminds you of what talents they could be when they wanted to be.
3. Lovers in a Dangerous Time - Bruce Cockburn. I only came to this song because I heard the Barenaked Ladies version. Great song and really a great artist. Pacing the Cage is another great song.
4. Addicted to Love - Robert Palmer. "You'd like to think that you're immune to the stuff oh yeah, closer to the truth is, you can't get enough, you know you're gonna have to face it you're addicted to love."
5. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead. The only time I was ever in a float plane and flying over the forests of Northern Ontario, about to begin a nine day canoe adventure, this was the song that was playing on the Boombox that say in between me and the pilot. "It wears you out"...

And those are my Friday Five.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friday Five is copyrighted by th..... yeah right. I got the idea from many others, so feel free to do with it what you like!