Monday, January 08, 2007

I am in Chicago on Business. Since 50% of my time is spent in a cubicle and 50% of my time is spent in meetings where nothing is accomplished except for people stroking their ego, a business trip has always had this allure. Then you end up sitting next to a woman who doesn't life to fly, and is worried about missing her connecting flight to Cincinatti, and when she hears you live in the New York area proceeds to tell you about every contrived touristy thing she did over her long weekend. My I-pod is still 100% charged for the ride home, and four sudoku's on the in flight magazines are unsolved. This is the jet-set life you envision when you choose Finance as a major.

3 comments:

Slinger said...

How long are you in Chicago? Just for the day, or few days? If you have time, depending on where in Chicago you are, go check out Millenium Park and the Cloud Gate.

FD said...

I went last summer and it is such a neat place. The ampitheatre where they put on shows I guess seems like it would be a great place to hear music.

I also say Chicago but I am actually in some suburb that I feel could be outside of Boston, New York or DC, except that everyone keeps offering me Pop.

Slinger said...

Ah yes, I am in Hoffman Estates in the far NW burbs. Have fun!