Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tonight is the State of the Union Address. I can't wait for the day when we have a President with the guts to get up there and say everything he/she need to say in 15 minutes. Regardless of what you think of Bush, imagine if he got up there and said, "Look this administration has done some things right, some things wrong. Tonight don't get up and applaud every 45 seconds. We are elected by the people to steer this country in the right direction, I am going to tell you how my team thinks we can do it. How we can right some of the wrongs, how to make better some of the bads. So let's listen, and then let's start to act."

Either that or I would love Bush to start the speech like every crappy student council speech from high school, "Webster's defines leader as..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be fantastic for him to get up there and say those things. Not going to happen, but you've got to have dreams.

Slinger said...

Are they required to applaud? I would think most of them would not want to

Tracyes said...

If you promise to make that speech in fif-a-teen minutes, I will vote for you any day, all day. And if you're under 35 I'll lobby to change the age requirements and 2 term laws to accomodate you!