Wednesday, July 12, 2006

On my floor at work there are two bathrooms. They have gone conventional and chosen male and female. I work on the 19th floor of a smallish skyscraper in lower Manhattan. To get into my building there are security guards then additionally my company has security guards. Here is the quirk I don't understand. The men's room is come and go as you please, a true open-door policy. The women's room as a 4 number code to get in. Why? I can come up with three reasons but feel free to post your own.

1. Inside the women's room there is an entire collection of Designing Women DVDs and a flat screen TV to watch them on.
2. Before I joined this company there were locks on the Men's room, but then one day a guy had taco bell for lunch and got stuck trying to remember if the last digit was 4 or 5 and it caused an incident.
3. Some male on my floor once got caught trying to sneak off a tinkle in their in the pre-code day.

Of course everyone knows the code. Its the same as my ATM pin, except different numbers.

No comments: