Monday, August 28, 2006

I had a meeting this morning where there were three project management people, a consultant, and me and my boss. It was a pleasant meeting of the highest order. It started off with a three page flowchart that probably took two days to create, and my boss and I poked holes in it within the first five minutes. Then it followed with enough buzzwords and acronyms that the conversation barely sounded English. Then, in the hours since, there have been about 15 emails where everyone is trying to summarize what was discussed and getting it not just wrong, but not even close. I hate lightbulb jokes. But I really think this is true (and I think it is original, but I may have swiped it from somewhere):

How many consultants does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Answer: How Big is your Budget?

No comments: