Wednesday, August 16, 2006

One last quick story. We have a new guy in the office. He actually said this the first day at lunch, "People stop my on the street and tell me all the time that I look like Derek Jeter". Now if that is true why would you tell 5 dudes that, 5 dudes that are just waiting for something to pounce on that we can use as fodder against you. The additional factor is that he looks as much like Derek Jeter that Emmanual Lewis (Webster) looks like a plastic clip you use on potato chips.

One more last thing is that if it turns out this perv in Thailand is the one who offed Jon Benet, I will have to eat my hat. I thought for sure it was her parents.

Okay really last thing. I was once on a Catholic retreat and part of the retreat was you could get up at 6AM and go into the chapel, a chapel that had no seats, and pray. So I went in there and within 30 seconds of lying on the ground trying to commune with God, I was out cold. The chapel was pitch dark and the floor had that plush, shag carpet that only a Catholic retreat house still has. The only window was away from where the sun was rising. So everyone else leaves to go to breakfast. Then we had our first retreat type of activity at 9 o'clock. Then at 10:30 was the second one. I wake up and the room is still pretty dark so I figure it must be time for breakfast. I go to the cafeteria and see that people are sitting down at the tables. I realize as I see pitchers of Kool-Aid and plates of grilled cheese sandwiches (it was a Friday in Lent) that I had slept through the morning session. So that night, when we had an option of going to penence, the first thing I told the priest was that I slept through the morning session. His response was, "in a way God was answering your prayers" and chuckled.

No comments: