Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Tuesday Interactive Question:

Today is name your favorite type of apple. Last night I was the recipient of a Fuji apple. Fuji apples are always to bland and meaty for me. I really like, in this order, my apples:

1. Empire
2. Gala
3. Golden Delicious
4. Granny Smith
5. McIntosh

When I worked at the day care center, one October for five days in a row I took the kids to an orchard (we only had two vans so some kids stayed at the center, others went to the orchard, I was one of two employees to get orchard duty). I learned so much about apples and kind of got a crush on an apple grower's daughter. I remember pulling the classic "on a tour and have a crush" move of asking a lot of nerdy questions of her about apples. Alas, I was not the apple of her eye. I think in hindsight she may have thought I had an Apple fetish.

2 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

Pink Lady apples are the best, hands down.

Megan Ford said...

Yeah, I remember taking that field trip in elementary school. I always thought the fresh baked cinnamon doughnuts were the best addition to the apples.

Doing daycare, it is awkward when you think the workers are cute at the field trip locations. But fun!