Friday, August 18, 2006

Someone wrote me today talking about Buffalo New York, and their love of it. I once said to a friend there are only two good things to come out of Buffalo: Wings and Tim Russert. Then I actually visited Buffalo three days before Christmas. I went to see the Bills play the Dolphins. It was cold, very cold, but it wasn't mind numbing cold. Plus after the game we were able to have some wings and a few beers and next thing you know you I kind of took a liking to the city. That weekend my buddy, who I will call Nagin, and I decided that if we ever won the lottery and pursued our dream of being an afternoon drive time radio team we would start our career in Buffalo.

Here is a travel tip for the next time you go to Buffalo: Order the wings as wings. They don't call them Buffalo wings there, they are in Buffalo.

One last addendum. In my family growing up you were always given a beverage with your meal. You had a glass of milk, juice or water. My father won some sales or performance trip to the Virgin Islands when I was in the fifth grade. So I was put up with my friend Larry's family. Larry's family was from Buffalo and one night his mother made authentic wings for dinner that were like pepper spray. Larry's family did not have a beverage with their meal, they had it after. So here I was three wings into the meal and my lips and tongue were dying. Eventually I pretended to need to use the rest room, and went into the bathroom and cupped my hands like I was drinking from a stream to cool off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if there is an Applebee's in Buffalo...?