Monday, August 21, 2006

Today's lunch conversation: Surfing. Guys spoke on and on about their knowledge of it. (And as a reminder we are on the 19th floor of a building in Lower Manhattan while we do this, where half the audience lives in apartments the size of most 2 person tables at Applebees and the other half live in suburbs where their sole worry is how green their grass is compared to the Howes next door). Finally about four minutes into someone talking about how fast you need to paddle of get over a wave and into the curl on the North Shore of Oahu, I realized that this is exact same conversation I had when I was 13 at lunch, except instead of girls we were discussing surfing? So I asked a variation of the same question I asked in eighth grade, I asked for a show of hands around the table how many guys had ever even touched a surfboard? One guy raised his hand, and the conversation topic switched.

No comments: